- 8-Line Business Class IP Phone with PoE
- Features 2-Port & LCD Display
- Comprehensive Interoperability
- SIP-Based Feature Set
From the Manufacturer
The Cisco SPA 508G 8-line IP Phone provides small businesses a rich user experience with a monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications; HD voice for unsurpassed voice clarity; enhanced full duplex speaker phone for clear conversations across the desk; and an integrated switch port to connect your computer.
You will receive increased voice clarity when pairing the Cisco SPA 508G with the Cisco Smart Business Communications System or an HD voice-compatible hosted phone service. With HD voice, the audible range of produced sounds is significantly greater than traditional phones. The Cisco SPA 508G provides an HD-capable speaker phone and handset for accurate delivery of voice sound that helps reduce fatigue on long calls and eases the experience for those frequently on the phone during the day. HD voice can also help make conference calls more productive by enabling participants to clearly hear and understand others on the call.
Easy to Use
The SPA 508G was designed to be used and operated with minimal end-user training. The phone has several lighted indicators that let users know when there is a message waiting for them, an extension is in use, a coworker is on the phone, or if they are on headset, speakerphone, or mute.
Below the backlight monochrome screen are four buttons that control digitally displayed soft keys. To reduce confusion and the need for additional buttons on the phone, these keys offer access to features that change based on the state of the phone: if you're on a call, off a call, on hold, or dialing, for example. There are also eight backlit buttons that can be used for speed dials, shared lines, or other functions. Dedicated buttons for voicemail, hold, and phone settings provide easy access to common features.
Integrated Ethernet Switch Ports
The SPA 508G provides you with two switch ports that allow you to connect both your phone and computer to your network using a single Ethernet cable. When you plug your SPA 508G into any data jack on the network, the phone will maintain its profile, speed dials, and user settings. This eliminates the need for a technician if you need to shuffle equipment around. And by having the phone and the computer on the same cable, you will reduce your cost to add new users by minimizing the need for multiple cable drops.
Compatible Phone Systems
Recommended: Cisco Unified Communications 500 part of the Cisco Smart Business Communication System
- Supports eight phone lines
- Full-duplex Speakerphone, headset, message waiting indicator, dynamic softkeys for phone functions
- 4-way navigation key to easily scroll through phone features, call history directories, and on phone applications
- Dedicated buttons for Mute, Headset, Speakerphone, Volume, Hold, Menu settings and Voicemail access
- Integrated Ethernet switch port to connect a computer and reduce cable cost
- HD Voice for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
- Support for up to two Cisco SPA 500S Expansion Modules, which provide an additional 64 phone lines
- Monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications
- Paper label for bottom four line buttons
- Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP)
- A standard 90-day software warranty and 12-month hardware warranty
What’s in the Box
SPA 508G IP phone, handset, and stand; Handset cord; RJ45 Ethernet cable; Quick Installation Guide